*SCAPEmedia SCREEN: Singapore Minstrel
NOTE: All tickets sold are refundable (Please read the important notes below)
2015 | Singapore | Documentary | English and Mandarin with subtitles | 87 min | PG
Roy Payamal is the wildest busker of a country ranked the world’s most emotionless society. An old-time pioneer of the local scene, dubbed ‘Silver Man’, he creates mind-boggling acts, taking his undermined profession as a serious art- but is his faith impossible idealism or an admirable conviction?
Unraveling the nation's bureaucratic reaches, a discourse on culture and expression plays out, co-starring Roy’s eccentric street colleagues. Flowing kaleidoscopically from interviews and fantasy sequences, to Roy’s handphone footage of his everyday life, Singapore Minstrel is an invitation into his beautiful mind, a magical, trying universe where art and life dialogue in a tropical dream.
Directed by Ng Xi Jie
About the Director:
Xi Jie creates intimate encounters for a noisy world. A sense of closeness characterises her works, which dance between the forms of film, performance, installation, social practice and writing. She has made and presented work in Singapore, USA, Finland and India. Singapore Minstrel is her debut feature. Visit saltythunder.net
IMPORTANT NOTES -- PLEASE READ
• A fully refundable fee of $5 will be charged for each ticket booking. Simply turn up for the event and register with us. Once confirmed, Peatix will refund your booking fee electronically thereafter.
• Seats are issued on a first-come, first-served basis (free seating arrangement).
• Seat reservations will close on 25 March 2016, 6pm. Any cancellations MUST be done BEFORE the ticket cut-off date and time, otherwise your reservations will be locked-in. If you turn up for the event, the booking fee will be refunded, if not, it will be forfeited.
• The refund will be handled by the credit card company of the credit card used to purchase the tickets. The refund process will vary depending on the cut-off date of the credit card.
• Should the refund be done before the credit card cut-off date: The refund process will be handled in the current month so no money will be deducted for ticket payment. In most cases, both the ticket payment and the refund will appear separately on the credit card statement.
• Should the refund process be done after the credit card cut-off date: The payment of the ticket order will be processed. Peatix will refund the amount in the next month through a negative invoice
Note: Peatix are unable to look up cut-off dates of credit cards. Peatix accepts VISA, MasterCard and AMEX.